Thursday, November 3, 2011

Biggest birthday dinner on a even bigger budget part A.

Entree for the man of my life who is turning 28 today? A dinner from across the globe! Straight from Korea. I don't know about you, but for me, Korea seems to be a very unhappy place given most of their food is left to rot and ferment and THEN eat. Thanks, but no thanks. I choose life and a parasite/bacteria/bowel distress free life. So Bulgogi it is!
 -This will not be my first time having it. In fact, it's been many moons since I've had this delicate, sweet, and satisfying dinner. Thanks Justin Maughan for introducing me to this wonder.-
The hubbs has never had it and has always wanted to experience it, and so in good wifely fashion, I have so arranged his new adventure.
What's even better- the birthday guests will also be trying this for the first time! Ha! Take that rural Alabama, you are unwittingly being subjected to expanding your horizons! Awesome.

I have let this rib eye (thinly sliced) soak in a mixture of garlic, red pear, green onion, sesame oil, red pepper, salt, soy sauce, yellow onion, sugar, and oh buggers, what was the other ingredient? Oh yes, a dash, couple of drops of vinegar, marinate for 24 hours. I will then fry it up on a medium skillet in some more sesame oil and serve over Sushi rice. To accompany this, stir fry broccoli with pork, and maybe some egg rolls. <- I will not being making those today or in the near future.

What of dessert?! Birthday boy must have birthday cake! Well, cupcakes. Kat, a highly skilled cupcake connoisseur, is creating Banana Creme cupcakes. Yummy! As our guest list increased I added in a vanilla banana bread type cupcake with peanut butter vanilla frosting. Oh so very yummy to the tummy!
I started out with the banana cupcake and was going to make a butter maple frosting. Enticing is it not? However, tragedy befell me and like a newbie, my maple caramelizing on the stove, burnt in just one woeful second! Gah! *palm to the forehead*
And so was born the peanut butter and vanilla frosting.



Recipes to come tomorrow along with an after action report from our unsuspecting participants in globe trotting Korean style.
*bow*

No comments:

Post a Comment